Wednesday, March 3, 2010

First Day of Training

Where to start... Tuesday was the first day of training. Before meeting Ryan, I went to see the nutritionist and get weighed and stuff. I was down 4 pounds! YAY! I ended up running a bit late and had to run to the gym. As soon as I got through the front gate, I hear "Tessa get up here, now." AHHHH!

So I get upstairs and Ryan says "two lap, now, you're late" *insert sad Tessa face*

I run one lap, quickly walk the second and join the other two girls in my group. We started off doing stretches. Of course, these aren't those feel good, relaxing stretches you do on a mat! Ryan had us skipping to stretch our calves, we did these big steppy things...basically moving and stretching at the same time.

From there we did a few more stretches like lunges and push-ups (in what world in a push-up a stretch?) This is where it gets exciting! Remember on orientation day how I was so freaking amazing and did like 2,200 push-ups?!?!?

Yeah, couldn't even do one real one...NOT ONE!

Anyway, after stretching, we did another lap and then we had circuit training. The first "circuit" was kettlebell swing, I think somehting called an x-crunch, punches with 5 pound weights in each hand, push ups. We did three rounds of this with a lap around the track in between.

After that the circuit changed. It was then double kettle bells, where you do arm curls then presses, squats, something else, then this thing on our back where we had to kick a leg up and crunch at the same time. Again, with a lap in between each circuit.

So here is how it went down: I think I died! I was weak because I am sick and that didn't help anything! Basically, about half way through I cried...yup, I cried! I know, I know, but I WAS TIRED! No one saw was during one of the laps, I just was like "I'm too fat for this crap," and tears came, but I finished crying before I finished the lap and no one was the wiser.

This is going to be hard, really, really hard. I would say at least two or three times harder than I thought.

Today I couldn't sit down to pee, I basically did a controlled fall to the toity. It hurts to go up the tiniest step, and it is getting worse! AND GUESS WHAT?!?! I have to work out tomorrow.

So I am loading up on the advil and water and should be praying that I can at least do it tomorrow. How does that work...if I try to squat and I can't because my legs are jello, what then? Will I get yelled at because I "can't" do it!??!!? Ok, I am stressing myself out, I just gotta do it!

Thanks for reading, everyone's support has been great! I also REALLY appreciate comments, they keep me going!


Blogger Hello, I'm Emily Clare. said...

I LOLed about eight times reading this! My husband had to come over and see what I was reading.
YOU CAN DO THIS! F*** those kettle balls! Show them who is boss! I am totally impressed you're doing this. I'm such a wuss, I never would.
(And I am totally calling our throne the "toity" from now on!)

March 3, 2010 at 10:05 PM  
Blogger Samantha Dugan said...

Awe, poor Tesser. Sounds like things are going as they should, hell girlie if it were easy we would all do it! You are doing something many, including myself do not have the willpower and strength to do...I am very proud of you. Keep fighting beautiful one!

March 4, 2010 at 7:47 AM  
Anonymous Mina said...


You go girl!! I know you will do excellent, just keep it up and do not give up. Of course it will be difficult in the beginning, but you wait and will look and feel amazing. A HOT MAMMA! I know you will because you are not a quitter you're a go getter. Keep it up. Read you tomorrow.


March 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home