Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Contemplating furniture

Ok, so we don't close until the 15th and I am already obsessing over furniture. Even when we do close we used like most (cough, all) of our money on this house that furnishing it may take a while.


So here is what I have and my priorities, I will go room by room.


"Sitting room" this is the room right by the front door, I think they call it the formal living room. Basically, it is a place where no one will sit but it is the first room you see when you enter the house so kind of important. I want this couch and two chairs plus a little table:





So this couch was a mistake by the upholster. The people who ordered it ordered one solid color and the pillows in this fabric and WHOOPS! So this is a $1499 or something couch for $799 and I think it is super cool (other opinions appreciated) So is this room a priority? I think so... but who knows


Formal dining room: Have it!!! Yay, I eventually need a buffet to put my wedding china and silverware in but this is NOT a priority


Office: Good to go, a desk, a couple of bookcases...nothing else needed for now


Kitchen: The space in between the kitchen and "great room" (basically the real living room) usually has a second dining room table but less formal, I don't know how I feel about that, we may get a little cafe set...not sure. NOT a priority


Great room: Ugh, we need a TV stand, a comfy couch (that will hold up to lots of sitting, laying and cuddling), a comfy chair (my desire), and that's it. I REALLY want to change the screen on the fire place because it is gold but it depends on how much it costs


Weirdo room with no doors: No clue, maybe some book shelves, can use what we have for now even though it is U-G-L-Y

Guest room: Need a full bed set including mattress, I really liked a set that was only $399 here is the pic:






Do guest rooms need dressers?!?! I hope not. I think this is a priority because we would like to be able to have people over and we have never had a guest room before


Art Room: No clue, ask Wayne, he doesn't know, probably won't buy anything


3rd Bedroom: Since this is now our "meditation/prayer" room, I guess we need a yoga mat? Oh! I have one from one of the times I exercised.


Master Bedroom: I NEED a bedroom set! Like an adult bedroom set. I have never had like a headboard/footboard bed (well, I didn't have my own bed until I was 15 but that is another story) So I really want the whole bed, dresser, nightstand matchy thing. OH! And don't forget the whole other half of the bedroom...the "retreat" yeah, um, that is last on my list...for now it is the puppies play area.



MISCELLANEOUS (thank goodness for spell check)

We have outside furniture, there are no lights or fans in the house but places for them in the ceiling so those will have to be purchased, I need a fridge (PRIORITY), and I want a fountain.


Decor (lamps, vases, art) are going to have to come slowly.


This will be fun, I just wish I could do it all at once.


Are you as boggled as I am? If you have any suggestions/tips/opinions, I would love to hear them!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Take your time. Let the house speak to you, and this can't happen until you are in it for awhile. I'm sure you have thoughts of a house warming party and that everything should be perfect for that event, but you will be there a long time and what you might chose now to fill up the space may not be what you want to live with. Just take your time. Oh, btw, the bedroom, the kitchen, and the living room (or the rooms you actually live in) are the most important. My 2 cents. Oh yeah, HAVE FUN!!

March 8, 2011 at 9:21 PM  
Blogger Jayme said...

I think for the "sitting room" it will depend on how much entertaining you plan on doing and how soon. I would think that you might want to focus first on the space that you will be primarily occupying rather than the space that would just be for when you have guests over. Furnishing a house should be fun so it would suck if you just got a bunch of stuff in a rush because you felt like you needed to fill a house. I agree with Kelly, take your time. I know it will look amazing when you are done with it because I think you have amazing taste :)

March 13, 2011 at 2:05 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

ummmmm where is your updated blog? hmmmmmmm!???

April 22, 2011 at 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home